In order to ensure the high quality of our products, the whole process is monitored continuously, including the resources used.
Basic and auxiliary materialsIn order to produce high-quality castings, our basic and auxiliary materials must be of a consistently high quality.
- Analysis of all basic materials (e.g. spectral analysis of scrap deliveries)
- Analysis of selected auxiliary materials (e.g. screen analysis of mould sands)
DiesOur dies are checked continuously for dimensional stability and wear.
- 3D measurement of our pattern plates and core boxes
CastingOur quality assurance measures are focussed on the casting. During the course of production, from the molten metal to the finished casting, a large number of analyses and tests are performed in order to ensure that the casting quality satisfies the requirements.
- Spectrometer analysis of each furnace smelt and handled ladle
- Temperature monitoring of the molten metal from the furnace through to the moulding machine
- Continuous mould material testing (ignition loss, moisture content, ultimate strength, etc.)
- Continuous hardness testing of castings
- Structural inspection of the casting through microscope analyses
- CT testing
- 3D measurement of the casting and comparison with the target data record
- Tensile testing
- Crack testing
- Ultrasound testing